The Memphis Business Journal’s editorial team named Southwest President Tracy D. Hall for their 2021 Women Who Lead in Education annual recognition. The honor singled out top educational leaders at Memphis’ key institutions representing both...
Kristine Williams, “Krissi” as she prefers, has joined Southwest as the College’s new digital content coordinator in the department of Communications, Marketing and Community Relations. She began her new role managing the College’s website...
Southwest is The Commercial Appeal’s 2021 Memphis Most winner for Best Technical College!
The new Anatomy and Physiology Lab at the Bert Bornblum Library on the Macon Cove Campus provides students easier access to microscopes and more than thirty anatomy models. The lab is located on the first floor of the library in Room ML117.
The Coronavirus pandemic has become an ongoing global infectious disease. Southwest has successfully faced the institutional challenges of the pandemic and adapted to the “new normal.” However, Physical Plant Director Jonathan Welden says the...
In This Issue...
- From the President
- Get ready to SOAR! Nominate Southwest students, faculty, staff and partners by Oct. 14!
- Southwest goes to all virtual classes and operations Sept. 7-11
- CYBER BYTES - Security Alert: Beware of scam spam!
- Goode-Freeman new Gill Center director
- Nominations for THEC Student Representative due Sept. 20
- Southwest takes measures to protect students and employees from Covid; reinstates mask mandate for fall semester
- TBR resumes monthly book club for faculty and staff
- 55 Saluqis inducted into the College’s 2021 Chapter of NSLS
- Hopeworks receives 2020 Chamber Quality Cup Award for outstanding quality improvement
- Thirteen Southwest Tennessee Community College Student-Athletes Named NJCAA All-Academic
- Health Department issues new recommendations on Covid-19 vaccinations and mask wearing
- Upward Bound engages students with creative adventures during the Coronavirus pandemic
- TBR offers QPR suicide prevention training for faculty and staff
- Welcome Aboard
- The Taste at Southwest dishes out with take out
- TECTA’s Melissa Joiner’s children’s book teaches us all about Alzheimer’s disease
- Alumnus Scott-Healy hails benefits of IT Apprenticeship Program
- 2021 Leadership Retreat challenges mindset to harness collective intelligence
- Policy Matters: Policies crafted to minimize cost of textbooks and much more
- Southwest welcomes Medical District High School to Union Avenue Campus
- Summer Institute tackles virtual teaching and learning