- Create Your Resume using Optimal Resume™, a free online resume-builder available to Southwest current students and alumni.
- Resume Review - To have your resume reviewed by our staff, email it as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interview Formats
- Phone: Many employers hold a phone or “screening” interview. Prepare for your call by watching 5 Phone Interview Tips to Master from Monster.com.
- Virtual or Online: With many employers using Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, or Microsoft Teams to conduct online interviews, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the technical aspects of the platform along with some considerations unique to online interviewing: Video Interview Tips for Job Seekers.
- In Person: A little preparation can go a long way toward reducing interview day stress and ensuring that you come across in a professional manner. View these Top Interview Tips from Indeed.
- Practice Interviews - To help students feel more comfortable with the interview process and provide helpful feedback, Career Services offers “mock” or practice interviews in person and online. Email email@example.com to schedule yours today!
- Electronic Portfolio – record your academic and extra-curricular achievements while preparing for your career
To start building your e-Portfolio, follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Career Related Links - additional career-related resources- - helpful job links outside of Southwest
- The Greater Memphis Chamber - learn about Mid-South businesses and job opportunities