Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Southwest students receiving federal financial aid are required to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards according to federal and state laws and regulations. Read the Satisfactory Academic Progress for Federal Financial Aid Recipients policy.
Click on the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal link to access the form. An appeal submission does not guarantee approval. If the appeal is not approved, students will be required to pay for any classes in which they enroll until Satisfactory Academic Progress is met.
The Financial Aid Appeals Committee will review the appeal and Financial Aid will notify the student via email of its decision after the Appeals Committee meets and makes its determination.
Students are not required to submit course schedules or transcripts.
- How to Apply
- Important Deadlines
- Net Price Calculator
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid Documentation Upload Page
- Federal Financial Aid
- Federal Work Study
- Course Program of Study (CPoS)
- State Financial Aid
- US College Affordability and Transparency Center
- Financial Aid Forms
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Other Types of Financial Aid
- CARES Act